The shuttering, casting and curing of typical RCC roofing slabs is one of the largest users of time and resources in residential construction.At WorldHaus, we utilize the world-famous Covintec® construction system of cast in-situ pre-fabricated panels that allow construction teams to install and cast floor slabs and load-bearing roof in a fraction of the time of traditional systems. The construction system is highly appreciated and accepted across the world, here are 7 reasons you should build your slabs / roof with WorldHaus RapidPanels™ system:
1. Strength: RapidPanels™ are composed of a three-dimensional structure of high-strength steel and thermal insulation, which is then installed with M20 / M25 Grade concrete. The resulting roof and floor slabs have a bearing capacity of up to 500 - 600 kg/m2 – depending on the span - typically double the strength of typical 5” RCC slabs using only 60% of the concrete.
2. Speed: RapidPanels™ are lightweight and can be carried and installed by two semi-skilled labourers. With no shuttering or formwork required, RapidPanels™ radically increase construction speed and decreases labor man-hours.
3. Comfort: Insulation within the RapidPanels™ provides internal temperature reductions of up to 8°C compared to typical construction, reducing energy use on cooling and increasing comfort.
4. Aesthetics: Most importantly, homes build with RapidPanels™ have the look and feel of RCC construction, giving families the pride of owning a beautiful Indian home that they can have for life.
5. Longevity – Floor slabs built with RapidPanels™ consist of three materials that don’t deteriorate over time – concrete, steel, and polystyrene.
6. Seismic Proof : Homes built with RapidPanels™ are seismic proof. This also makes them structurally resistant to hurricane force winds.
7. Affordable: Even after using high strength steel along with a long list of beneficial characters listed above we are still affordable. With 30% reductions in labor time and 35% reduction in concrete and steel make slabs built with RapidPanels™ more efficient than traditional construction. By keeping building weight to a minimum, RapidPanels™ also allow foundation and structural frames to be designed optimally.