Rapid Panel™ Slab
The shuttering, casting and curing of typical RCC roofing slabs is one of the largest users of time and resources in residential construction.At WorldHaus, we utilize the world-famous Covintec® construction system of cast in-situ pre-fabricated panels that allow construction teams to install and cast floor slabs and load-bearing roof in a fraction of the time of traditional systems. The construction system is highly appreciated and accepted across the world, here are 7 reasons you should build your slabs / roof with WorldHaus RapidPanels™ system:
1. Strength: RapidPanels™ are composed of a three-dimensional structure of high-strength steel and thermal insulation, which is then installed with M20 / M25 Grade concrete. The resulting roof and floor slabs have a bearing capacity of up to 500 - 600 kg/m2 – depending on the span - typically double the strength of typical 5” RCC slabs using only 60% of the concrete.
2. Speed: RapidPanels™ are lightweight and can be carried and installed by two semi-skilled labourers. With no shuttering or formwork required, RapidPanels™ radically increase construction speed and decreases labor man-hours.
3. Comfort: Insulation within the RapidPanels™ provides internal temperature reductions of up to 8°C compared to typical construction, reducing energy use on cooling and increasing comfort.
4. Aesthetics: Most importantly, homes build with RapidPanels™ have the look and feel of RCC construction, giving families the pride of owning a beautiful Indian home that they can have for life.
5. Longevity – Floor slabs built with RapidPanels™ consist of three materials that don’t deteriorate over time – concrete, steel, and polystyrene.
6. Seismic Proof : Homes built with RapidPanels™ are seismic proof. This also makes them structurally resistant to hurricane force winds.
7. Affordable: Even after using high strength steel along with a long list of beneficial characters listed above we are still affordable. With 30% reductions in labor time and 35% reduction in concrete and steel make slabs built with RapidPanels™ more efficient than traditional construction. By keeping building weight to a minimum, RapidPanels™ also allow foundation and structural frames to be designed optimally.
|RapidPanel™ Slab||Conventional Construction|
|RCC Frame||Optional (Not required till G+3)||Required|
|Seismic||Seismic resistant due to lesser weight and distributive load structure||Need to be designed to be Seismic Proof|
|Carpet Area||6-7% increase||Standard|
|Constructability||Semi-skilled labor||Skilled labor|
|Floor/Roof Capacity (for 5”)||500 to 600 kg/m2||Typically 300 kg/m2|
|Wall Bearing Capacity||Up to 7,500 kg/m||None – RCC frame carries load|
|Building Weight||Very lightweight||Standard|
|Services||Embedded in structure & concealed||Added after construction by separate trade|
|Disaster Resistance||Designed per Indian NBC||Depends on contractor|
|Weather Resistance||Fully weather sealed||Depends on contractor|